Vm 510: Advanced Structural Analysis
- Degree program: Mechanical Engineering.
- Credit hours: 3 credits.
- Required/Elective course: Elective.
- Pre-requisites: Vm 211 Introduction to Solid Mechanics and Vm 311 Strength of Materials.
- Terms offered: Fall.
- Cognizant faculty:
- Potential instructors: Olivier Bauchau.
- Textbook/Required material: Bauchau, O.A. and Craig, J.I.: Structural Analysis with Application to Aerospace Structures. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg. 2009.
Introduction to yield criteria and plasticity. Introduction to thermoelasticity. Saint Venant’s theory for torsion. Shear deformations in beams. Kirchhoff and Mindlin plates theories; deflection, buckling and vibration of rectangular and circular plates.