Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree from SJTU
To obtain a Bachelor’s degree from the SJTU, students must meet the following requirements:
1. The student must complete 128 credit hours required by the JI programs and 22 credit hours required by the Ministry of Education of China and SJTU. A student may receive credit toward a degree in one or more of the following ways:
- By passing a course with a satisfactory grade (D or better) for courses specified in the curriculum of a degree program.
- By transferring equivalent credits from other schools of SJTU, the UM, or other recognized institutions. Transfer credits must be evaluated by relevant JI faculty and approved by the Program Advisor of the degree program.
- By passing Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) examination for college-level work completed in high school.
2. The student must accumulate a final GPA of 2.0 or more for all credit hours taken while enrolled in SJTU.
3. The student must file formal application for graduation.
The longest study period for undergraduate students is 6 years starting from the first day of registration as a student of the SJTU.