2010-15: PhD in English Literature, Australian National University
2011: Completion with merit, Graduate Teaching Program, ANU
2008: Bachelor of Arts (1st class Honours: English)/Bachelor of Asian Studies, ANU
- 2017 Level Three Certificate in Recognition of Excellent Teaching Performance in 2017, AEMG
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence Certificate, for ‘Daniel Defoe and
- Anglo-Iberian Cultural Exchange’ (Proposal no. 751808)
- ‘Best Graduate Paper’ at 4th Biennial Defoe Society Meeting
- Defoe Society Travel Bursary
- ANU Travel and Fieldwork Grant
- Australian Postgraduate Award
- Australian Education Management Group Annual Teacher Conference, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, ‘Pathways to Academic Success: Advanced Unit 1: Technology’.
- Australian Education Management Group Annual Teacher Conference, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou, ‘Academic skills: drafting an essay introduction for the DEP essay component’.
- 4th Biennial Meeting of the Defoe Society, Bath, UK, ‘“A Spaniard of the Better Sort”: the ‘Good Spaniard’ in Defoe’s fictions of colonization’.
- 3rd Biennial Meeting of the Defoe Society, Normal, Illinois, ‘A New Discovery of an Old Intrigue: revisiting Defoe’s library catalogue’.
- Global Dickens, Griffith University, Brisbane, ‘Renaturalizing the picaresque: Benito Pérez Galdós’s Las Aventuras de Pickwick and his novels of Madrid’.
- School of Cultural Inquiry Seminar, ANU, ‘Growing Payne: profiling Defoe’s libraryauctioneer and revalidating source study in the electronic age’.
- 2017-8: Lecturer and Course Co-Designer, PhD Language and Academic Skills Support,SDUW
- 2017: Lecturer, GEP Drama, SDUW
- Summer 2017: Lecturer and Course Co-Designer, Intensive DEP, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
- 2017: Lecturer, Academic English (Direct Entry Program), SDUW
- 2016-17: Lecturer, General English Program (CEF B1-B2), SDUW
- 2016-17: Lecturer, English for Academic Purposes, EAP2 (Common European Framework B2- C1), Shandong University at Weihai, China
- 2013: Guest lecture, ‘John Gay and The Beggar’s Opera’, ANU (ENGL3005)
- 2013: Tutor, Introduction to the Novel, ANU (ENGL1008)
- 2011: Tutor, 16th, 17th and 18th Century Literature, ANU (ENGL3005)