|Ph.D.||Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Louisville (2009)|
|M.S.||Department of Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University (2003)|
|B.S.||Department of Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University (2000)|
|2014 – pres.||Associate Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China|
|2012 – 2014||Associate Research Scholar, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA|
|2009 – 2012||Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA|
|2009 – 2009||Visiting Scholar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA|
- Dean Citation, University of Louisville, 2009
- Who’s Who among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2008
- Hsing Chuang Award for Excellence in Graduate Study, University of Louisville, 2007
- Grosscurth Fellowship, University of Louisville, 2003-2005
- Physical properties of polymeric glasses
- Dynamics of nanoscopically confined polymers
- Structural and responsive materials
- Guo, Y., Zhang, C., and Priestley, R.D. “Polymer thin film instability from a patterned edge,” Applied Physics Letters, 2014, 105, 041603.
- Zhang, C., Guo, Y., Shepard, K.B., and Priestley, R.D. “Fragility of an Isochorically Confined Polymer Glass,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2013, 4, 431-436.
- Guo, Y., Morozov, A., Schneider, D., Chung, J.W., Zhang, C., Waldmann, M., Yao, N., Fytas, G., Arnold, C.B. and Priestley, R.D. “Ultrastable Nanostructured Polymer Glasses,” Nature Materials, 2012, 11, 337-343.
- Chung, J.W., Guo, Y., Kwak, S.Y. and Priestley, R.D. “Understanding and Controlling Gold Nanoparticle Formation from A Robust Self-assembled Cyclodextrin Solid Template,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2012, 22, 6017-6026.
- Guo, Y., Zhang, C., Lai, C., Priestley, R.D., D’Acunzi, M. and Fytas, G. “Structural Relaxation of Polymer Nanospheres under Soft and Hard Confinement: Isobaric versus Isochoric Conditions,” ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 5365-5373.
- Zhang, C., Guo, Y. and Priestley, R.D. “Glass Transition Temperature of Polymer Nanoparticles under Soft and Hard Confinement,” Macromolecules, 2011, 44, 4001-4006.
- Chung, J.W., Guo, Y., Priestley, R.D. and Kwak, S.Y. “Colloidal Gold Nanoparticle Formation Derived From Self-assembled Supramolecular Structure of Cyclodextrin/Au Salt Complex,” Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 1766-1772.
- Guo, Y. and Bradshaw, R.D. “Long Term Creep of Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) subjected to Complex Thermal Histories: the Effects of Physical Aging,” Polymer, 2009, 50, 4048-4055.
- Guo, Y., Wang, N., Bradshaw, R.D., and Brinson, L.C. “Modeling Mechanical Aging Shift Factors in Glassy Polymers during Nonisothermal Physical Aging: Part 1. Experiments and KAHR-ate Model Prediction,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, 2009, 47, 340-352.
- Guo, Y. and Bradshaw, R.D. “Isothermal Physical Aging Characterization of Polyether-ether-ketone (PEEK) and Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) Films by Creep and Stress Relaxation,” Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, 2007, 11, 61-89.
- Session Chair of Polymer Thin Films and Interfaces II, 2013 AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Session Chair of Polymeric Glasses, APS March Meeting 2013, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Session Chair of Nano Composites, 2011 the 19th International Conference of Composites and Nano Engineering, Shanghai, China.
- Session co-chair of Nonlinear and Thermo-mechanical Modeling, 2009 SEM Annual Conference & Exposition on Experimental and Applied Mechanics, Albuquerque, NM, USA.
- Members of American Physical Society (APS), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), American Association for Advanced Sciences (AAAS), and Sigma Xi
Princeton University: CBE550 Physical Properties of Glassy Polymers, Spring 2013
Princeton University: Christine Lai (2010) and Lindsey B. Brown (2012)