|Ph.D.||Electronic Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2005)|
|M.S.||Electronic Science and Technology, Shanghai University of Science and Technology (1993)|
|B.S.||Physics Education Science, Soochow University (1990)|
|2013.05 – pres.||Professor and Associate Dean for Research, University of Michigan –Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute|
|2011.03 – 2013.3||Professor and Dean, School of Physics Electrical Information Engineering, Ningxia University|
|2005.08 – pres.||Professor, National Key Lab on Local Optical Fiber Communication Networks & Advanced Optical Communication System, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|1998.12 – 2005.08||Associate Professor, National Key Lab on Local Optical Fiber Communication Networks & Advanced Optical Communication System, Department of Electronic Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|1995.12 – 1997.05||Lecturer, National Key Lab on Local Optical Fiber Communication Networks & Coherent Optical Communication System, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|1993.03 – 1995.12||Teaching Assistant, Research Institute of Optical Fiber Technology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2007.06 – 2007.09||Visiting Professor, Department of Electronics and Information Eng., Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Jeonbuk, 561-756, KOREA|
|2001.03 – 2001.11||R&D Engineer of OPCOM, Inc. (research group cooperation partner), San Jose, USA|
|1997.05 – 1998.05||Research Attachment, Department of Electronic and Computer Systems, Essex University, Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK|
- 2012 President Award by Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. , Issued date: April 8th,2012
- 2008 Excellent Education Award by Shanghai Jiaotong University (Award Ranking: Grade I, 2008)
- 2006 ShuGuang (Dawn) Excellent Scholarship by Education Committee of Shanghai Municipal
- 2005 New Century Excellent Scholarship program by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China
- 2004 Science & Technology Progress Award by Shanghai Municipal People’s Government, (Ranking: Grade II award) for the research on Optical Fiber and Guided wave nonlinearity for DWDM optical fiber communication system, Issued No.:2004062085-2-03, Issued date: Dec. 19, 2004
- 2004 Annual Excellent Teacher of SJTU by Shanghai Jiaotong University, Issued date: May of 2005.
- 2003 Annual Excellent Teacher of SJTU by Shanghai Jiaotong University, Issued date: May of 2004.
- 2001 Science & Technology Progress Award of China by Science & Technology Progress Awards Jury of Chinese High Education & Universities (Ranking: Grade II award), Issued No.: 2000-216, Issued date: May 25, 2001
- 1999 Science & Technology Progress Award of Shanghai by Science & Technology Progress Awards Jury and Shanghai Municipal People’s Government, (Ranking: Grade III award) for the research on optical controllable microwave device theory and Experiments. Issued No.: 993072, Issued date: Nov. 2, 1999
- X. Sun, L. Zhou, J. Xie, Z. Zou, L. Lu, H. Zhu, X. Li, and J. Chen , “Tunable silicon Fabry-Perot comb filters formed by Sagnac loop mirrors,” Opt. Letters 38(4), pp: 567-569 (2013).
- X. Sun, L. Zhou, J. Xie, Z. Zou, L. Lu, H. Zhu, X. Li, and J. Chen, “Investigation of Coupling Tuning in Self-coupled Optical Waveguide (SCOW) Resonators,” IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett. 25(10), 936-939 (2013).
- Z. Zou, L. Zhou, X. Sun, J. Xie, H. Zhu, L. Lu, X. Li, and J. Chen, “Tunable two-stage self-coupled optical waveguide (SCOW) resonators,” Opt. Letters 38(8), pp: 1215-1217 (2013).
- L. Lu, L. Zhou, X. Sun, J. Xie, Z. Zou, H. Zhu, X. Li, and J. Chen, “CMOS-compatible temperature-independent tunable silicon optical lattice filters,” Opt. Exp. 21(8), pp: 9447-9456 (2013)..
- Luo, HM, Li, XW Zou, WW，Temperature-Insensitive Micro displacement Sensor Based on Locally Bent Microfiber Taper Modal Interferometer,IEEE PHOTONICS JOURNAL, vol 4, 2012, pp:772-778
- Li Xinwan, Intelligent Desert: the key to understand the desert, INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT, No.1, 2012, pp. 26-27
- Luo, HM; Li, XW ; Zou, WW ; Jiang, WN ; Chen, JP Modal Interferometer Based on a C-Shaped Ultrathin Fiber Taper for High-Sensitivity Refractive Index Measurement, APPLIED PHYSICS EXPRESS, vol 5, 2012, pp:012502
- Zehua Hong , Xinwan Li, LinjieZhou, Weiwen Zou, Xiaomeng Sun, Shuguang Li, Jianguo Shen, Haimei Luo, Jianping Chen,Highly-efficient optical power combiners based on evanescently-coupled micro/nano optical fibers, OPTICS COMMUNICATIONS, vol 285, 2012, pp:3592–3596
- Xinwan Li, 《Information Materials》， National ninth-five plan key books,〖21st century new materials series〗， General editor：Gan Fuxi, Contribution: in Section 4 of Chapter 5, topic: optical fiber materials, ISBN：7561813880, 2003, Tianjing Univ. Press,
- Xinwan LI, IEEE Senior member, Jianping CHEN, Zehua HONG,，Shuguang LI , Digitally Fast Programmable Optical Signal Processing Devices，one chapter of book: Optical fiber, new development, In-tech Inc. 2010, 27 printed pages, ISBN 978 953 7619 50 3
- One thermo-optic effect refractive index controllable silicon structure Chinese Patent Application No: 201210517470.6, inventor of application: L.LU, L.Zhou, J.Xie, Z.Zou, X.Sun, L.Sun,X. Li, J.Chen, , Publication year: 2013.04.03
- Tunable delay line based on chirped grating silicon integration, Chinese Patent Application No: 201210444561.1, inventor of application: Z.Zou,L.Zhou,J.Xie, L.LU,X.Sun, L.Sun,X. Li, J.Chen Publication year: 2013.03.06
- Tuanble optical delay line based on Frequency domain linear phase shift, Chinese Patent Application No: 201210225789.1, inventor of application: L.LU, L.Zhou, Z.Zou,J.Xie, X.Sun, L.Sun,X. Li, J.Chen, Publication year: 2012.10.24
- Lower loss polarization insensitive micro/nano fiber fabrication method, Chinese Patent Application No: 201010177844.5, inventor of application: Hong Z.H., Li X.W, et al., issued year :2012
- The shelf structure of II, Chinese Patent Application No: 200910120063.X, inventor of application: Wu K., Li X.W., Publication year: 2009,issued
- Mechanically precisely tunable fiber delay structure, Chinese Patent Application No: 200910050780.X, inventor of application: Li M., Guo P., Wu G.L., Li X.W, Chen J.P., Publication year:2009,issued
- Multiple space division Photonic ADC, Chinese Patent Application No: 200910312504.6, inventor of application: Wu G.L.,Li M., Guo P., Li X.W, Chen J.P., Publication year:2009,issued
- Multiple cascaded optical time division multiplexing based on 3, Chinese Patent Application No: 200810038845.4, CN101296051,inventor of application: Li Xinwan, Chen Jianping, Publication year: 2008 ,issued
- Wu Guiling，Chen Jianping，Li Xinwan，Qian Wenjun，Liu Yue，Resilient Optical Burst Ring Failure Protecting Method, Apparatus And Failure Processing Method，Application number: EP20060817964 20061207，Publication number: EP1998503 (A1)，Publication date: 2008-12-03，European Patent, issued
- Senior Member of IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society (LEOS), Since 2001
- Senior Member of IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), Since 2002
- Co-Chairman of IEEE LEOS Shanghai Chapter, 2006-2009
- Chairman of IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) Shanghai Chapter, Since 2008
- International Advisory Committee of Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference (OECC), Since 2009
- Board of Directors on Optical and Electronic Cable Association of China, 2007-2012
- Xinwan Li, The Fourth International Workshop on Optical Burst Switching (WOBS), Discussion topic: The optical burst switching test-bed based on wavelength selective optical switches”, 29 May 2005, Chongqing, China,
- Xinwan Li, Review on Display Panel-based Undersea Visual Light Communications, International Symposium on Emerging Short Range Communications, June 30, 2011, Room 1-312, FIT Building, Tsinghua University, China
- Xinwan Li, Intelligent desert: the key to understand of desert, together with the introduction of the project on sand dust monitoring and desert information detecting in hinterland of desert by International S&T Cooperation Program in China (ISTCP) (2011DFA11780), Dec.4, 2011, Xi An Jiaotong Univ.
- Xinwan Li, Intelligent desert: the key to understand of desert, together with the introduction of the project on sand dust monitoring and desert information detecting in hinterland of desert by International S&T Cooperation Program in China (ISTCP) (2011DFA11780), Dec.5, 2011, Lanzhou Univ.
- Guiling Wu, Ming Li, Pan Guo, Xinwan Li, Member, IEEE and Jianping Chen, Multi-wavelength Space Multiplexing Photonic A/D Converters, APCC2010, Oct 14-16, 2010, shanghai
- Jianping Chen, Xiaowei Shen, Zehua Hong, Xinwan Li, Nanostructure optical-fiber-based devices for optical signal processing, OECC2010, July 8, 2010, Japan
- Xinwan Li, Jianping Chen, Can the communications and sensors work together in one network?, The First International Conference on Photonics and OptoElectronics Meetings(POEM2008), 24-27th November,2008, Wuhan, China,
- Xinwan Li, Jianping Chen, Guiling Wu, The optical burst switching test-bed based on wavelength selective optical switches, The Fourth International Conference on Optical Internet (COIN 2005), 29 May – 2 June 2005, Chongqing, China,
- General co-chair of the 2nd International Workshop on Future Intelligent desert (FIT2012), be hold on Oct. 26th-28th, 2012, Shanghai(QianXuesen Lib. Of Shanghai Jiaotong Univ.), China, http://www.ofs2.sjtu.edu.cn/fit2012.html , IET sponsor
- TPC member of 18th Asia-Pacific Communication Conference (APCC2012), be hold on October 15th-17th, 2012，Jeju island, Korea， http://apcc2012.org/main/ , IEEE sponsor
- TPC member of IEEE Sensors 2012, Oct. 28th-31st, 2012, Taibei, China, http://ieee-sensors2012.org/ , IEEE sponsor
- TPC member of Asia Conference on Phonics (ACP 2012), 7th-10th November, 2012, Guangzhou，http://www.acp-conf.org/ , IEEE sponsor
- General co-chair of the 1st International Workshop on Future Intelligent desert (FIT2011), August 14th-16th, 2011, Yinchuan, China, http://www.ofs2.sjtu.edu.cn/fit2011.html, IEEE sponsor
- Technical Program Committee(TPC) Co-Chair of 19th Wireless and Optical Communications Conference (WOCC2010), May 14th –15th, 2010, in Zhangjiang, Pudong, Shanghai, http://www.wocc2010.sjtu.edu.cn/, IEEE IES sponsor
- Track Chair of Optical communications for 16th Asia-Pacific Communication Conference (APCC2010), Oct. 31st –Nov. 3rd, 2010, in Auckland, New Zealand, http://ciri.org.nz/ sense/apcc2010/committees.html, IEEE sponsor
- Track Chair of Optical communications for 15th Asia-Pacific Communication Conference (APCC2009), Oct. 8th -10th, 2009, in Shanghai, http://www.apcc2009.sjtu.edu.cn/, IEEE sponsor
- IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology
- Journal of Optical Society American, B
- OSA Journal of Optical Networking
- Journal of Photonic Technology Letter
- Optics Express
- Optics Letters
- Optical Fiber Technology
- Optics Communications
- Chinese Optics Letters
- Photonic on Chip: Silicon based nano photonics seems to be a quite candidate to play optical signal process functions, including optical delay, optical modulating, and filtering, etc., which will enable the high data rate transmission up to 100Gbps/channel, high capacity routing up to 1Pb, and lower cost fabrication. By the way, it will also lead to many other applications, such as Photonic Analog-to-Digital Converter(PADC), Arbitrary Waveform Generation(AWG), Microwave/RF photonics, Optical Comb generation, super band laser source. We will study kinds of optical signal processing chips on silicon to some typical applications. In this area, lots of key projects available in our group, e.g. 973 program, 863 Program, NSFC, etc.
- Optical Fiber Sensor Network: The application history of optical fiber sensor(OFS) is longer than that of optical fiber communication(OFC), however, the application of OFS is very slow in comparison with that of OFC. There are many reasonable factors, part of them are few attentions/studies on sensors networking and sensor standardization, etc. We can learn lots of successful experience from OFC study. The aim is to support mountains of sensors at lower cost. Some applications projects from industry support this research area.
- Intelligent Desert: The desertification is west area of china is quite serious, even affect the eastern area. The bottle neck of it is short of information of desert. Currently, we try to integrate robot, electronic /optical sensing technology, PV cell, and wireless sensor network, microwave long-haul transmission, and to get the real time information of sand-dust in desert hinterland. In this area, one International Cooperation Project from Ministry of Science and Technology support this research area.