|Ph.D.||English Literature, University of Toronto, Canada (2017)|
|M.A.||English Literature, Simon Fraser University, Canada (2010)|
|B.A.||English Literature, History, Simon Fraser University, Canada (2007)|
|2019 – pres.||Assistant Teaching Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute|
|2015 – 2017||Course Instructor, University of Toronto, Canada|
|2017 – 2018||Course Instructor, Ryerson University, Canada|
- Research Fellowship, Jackman Humanities Institute, University of Toronto (2015)
- Research Fellowship, Lewis Walpole Library, Yale (2013)
- SSHRC Doctoral Scholarship (2010)
- Risling, Matthew. “Ants, Polyps, and Hanover Rats: Henry Fielding and Popular Science.” Philological Quarterly 95.1 (Winter 2016): 25-44.
- Risling, Matthew. Review of Reading and the Making of Time in the Eighteenth Century, by Christina Lupton. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins, 2018. Review of English Studies (2019).
- Risling, Matthew. Review of Skin Color in the Early Royal Society: Boyle, Cavendish, Swift, by Christina Malcolmson. Burlington VT: Ashgate, 2013. Review of English Studies 271.1 (2014): 749-751.
- UM-SJTU JI: Vy, 200 Academic Writing II: “What’s So Funny with Modernity?”
- Ryerson University, Toronto: Eng 201, Myth and Literature; Eng 531, Eighteenth-Century Literature and Culture.
- University of Toronto: Eng 305, Pope, Swift, and Their Contemporaries; Eng 307, Women Writers 1660-1800; Eng 100, Effective Writing