|Ph.D.||Dept. of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University (2004)|
|M.S.||Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (1997)|
|B.S.||Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,Worcester Polytechnic Institute (1995)|
|2012 – pres.||Associate Research Scientist, UM–SJTU Joint Institute|
|2010 – 2012||Adjunct Faculty, Santa Clara University, USA|
|2004 – pres.||Senior Managing Engineer, Exponent Failure Analysis Associates|
- Dugnani R, “Impedance-based Diagnostic Devices: Designing a ‘Smart’ Angioplasty Balloon and Other Novel Diagnostic Medical Devices,” published by VTM Verlag Dr. Müller, January 23, 2009.
(10 selected publications in chronological order)
- Dugnani R, Verghese P, “Failure Analysis of Modern Silicon Dice”, Int. J. of Applied Ceram. Tech., [in Print].
- Dugnani R, “Monitoring Adhesive Integrity of Disk-Shaped Piezoelectric Transducers by EMI”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, [in Print].
- Dugnani R, “Novel Transducer for Characterization of Low-Impedance Materials,” Proceedings 4th Asia-Pacific Workshop on SHM, Melbourne, Australia, December 2012.
- Dugnani R, “Power Losses in PZT Disk Actuators Adhesive,” Proceedings 8th IWSHM, Stanford University, CA, September 2012.
- Dugnani R, Pan Z “Analytical Model for Improved Residual Surface Stress Approximation,” 2011 Fractography of Glasses and Ceramic Conference, Jacksonville, FL 2011.
- Dugnani R, “Dynamic Behavior of Structure-Mounted Disk-Shape Piezoelectric Sensors Including the Adhesive Layer,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structure, Vol. 20, 1553-1664, 2009.
- Dugnani R, Chang FK, “In Vitro Atherosclerotic Plaque Characterization by Acoustic Impedance Monitoring, Part I: Sensor Modeling, Design, and Fabrication,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 19, No. 7, 815-826, 2008.
- Dugnani R, Chang FK, “In Vitro Atherosclerotic Plaque Characterization by Acoustic Impedance Monitoring, Part II: Experimentation and Validation”, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 19, No. 7, 827-835, 2008.
- Iijima T, Ito S, Matsuda H, Dugnani R, Chang FK ; “Ferroelectric and Piezoelectric Properties of Disk Shape Lead Zirconate Titanate Thick Films,” Material Transactions, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 233-235, 2004.
- Hermanson JC, Dugnani R, Johari H, “Structure and Flame Length of Fully-Modulated Pulsed Diffusion Flames,” Combustion Science and Technology, Vol. 155, pp. 203–225, 2000.
- Reviewer for the Annals of Biomedical Engineering. Reviewer for Micro and Nano Letters
- Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer in California (#M 33391).
- Trained as a Patent Agent at the Practicing Law Institute (PLI).
- Engineering Consultant for various consumer electronic device companies.
- UM-SJTU JI. Undergraduate course: Dynamics and Vibrations, Strength of Materials, Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Advanced Strength of Materials
- Santa Clara University: Mechanics I – Statics, Mechanics III – Strength of Materials, Fluid Dynamics, Engineering Experimentation
UM-SJTU: 1 MS Student.