|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering,University of Michigan (2011)|
|M.S.||Grad. Inst. of Photonics and Optoelectronics, National Taiwan University (2005)|
|B.S.||Electrical Engineering,National Taiwan University (2003)|
|2013 – pres.||Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2012 – 2013||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Medical School|
- University of Michigan, Rackham conference travel grant (2009-2011)
- University of Michigan, EECS department fellowship (2007)
- National Taiwan University, class A scholarship (2004-2005)
- GARMIN Corp. scholarship (2004)
- Optical sensing techniques for ultra-sensitive and broadband acoustic wave detection
- Development of high-performance optical imaging systems suitable for clinical applications
- Photoacoustic imaging for cancer screening, including analyzing microvascular structure and tumor imaging
- S.-L. Chen, Z. Xie, T. Ling, L. J. Guo, and X. Wang, “Miniaturized all-optical photoacoustic microscopy based on microelectromechanical systems mirror scanning,” Opt. Lett., vol. 37, no. 20, pp. 4263-4265, 2012.
- B.-Y. Hsieh, S.-L. Chen, T. Ling, L. J. Guo, and P.-C. Li, “All-optical scanhead for ultrasound and photoacoustic dual-modality imaging,” Opt. Express, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1588-1596, 2012.
- S.-L. Chen, Z. Xie, P. L. Carson, X. Wang, L. J. Guo, “In vivo flow speed measurement of capillaries by photoacoustic correlation spectroscopy,” Opt. Lett., vol. 36, no. 20, pp. 4017-4019, 2011.
- T. Ling, S.-L. Chen, and L. J. Guo, “High-sensitivity and wide-directivity ultrasound detection using high Q polymer micro-ring resonators,” Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 98, 204103, 2011.
- S.-L. Chen, T. Ling, and L. J. Guo, “Low-noise small size microring ultrasonic detectors for high resolution photoacoustic imaging,” J. of Biomed. Opt., vol. 16, 056001, 2011.
- Z. Xie, S.-L. Chen, T. Ling, L. J. Guo, P. L. Carson, X. Wang, “Pure optical photoacoustic microscopy,” Opt. Express, vol. 19, pp. 9027-9034, 2011.
- T. Ling, S.-L. Chen, and L. J. Guo, “Fabrication and characterization of high Q polymer micro-ring resonator and its application as a sensitive ultrasonic detector,” Opt. Express, vol. 19, pp. 861-869, 2011.
- H. W. Baac, J. G. Ok, H. J. Park, T. Ling, S.-L. Chen, A. J. Hart, and L. J. Guo, “Carbon nanotube composite optoacoustic transmitters for strong and high frequency ultrasound generation,” Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 97, 234104, 2010.
- B.-Y. Hsieh, S.-L. Chen, T. Ling, L. J. Guo, and P.-C. Li, “Integrated intravascular ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging scan head,” Opt. Lett., vol. 35, pp. 2892-2894, 2010
- S.-L. Chen, T. Ling, S.-W. Huang, H. W. Baac, and L. J. Guo, “Photoacoustic correlation spectroscopy and its applications to low speed flow measurement,” Opt. Lett., vol. 35, pp. 1200-1202, 2010.
- S.-L. Chen, S.-W. Huang, T. Ling, S. Ashkenazi, and L. J. Guo, “Polymer microring resonators for high-sensitivity and wideband photoacoustic imaging,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Ferroelectr., Freq. Control, vol. 56, pp. 2482-2491, 2009.
- S.-W. Huang, S.-L. Chen, T. Ling, A. Maxwell, M. O’Donnell, L. J. Guo, and S. Ashkenazi, “Low-noise wideband ultrasound detection using polymer microring resonators,” Appl. Phys. Lett., vol. 92, 193509, 2008.
- Reviewer for Optics Express and Journal of Biomedical Optics
- 2013 Regular Member of SPIE