|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering, The University of Tokyo (2004)|
|M.S.||Electrical Engineering, The University of Tokyo (2001)|
|B.S.||Industrial Automation, East China University of Science and Technology (1997)|
|2010.07 – pres.||Joint Faculty Appointment, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2008.08 – pres.||Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2006.11 – 2008.03||Postdoctoral Research Assistant & Associate Director, IMS-Mechatronics laboratory, Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of California Davis|
|2004.10 – 2006.10||R&D Researcher, Servo Laboratory, Fanuc Limited, Yamanashi, Japan|
- C. Ma, J. Cao, *Y. Qiao (2012), Polynomial Method Based Design of Low Order Controllers for Two-Mass System, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics Vol. 60, No. 3, pp. 969-978, March 2012.
- C. Ma, M. Xu, *H.Wang (2011), Dynamic Emulation of Road/Tire Longitudinal Interaction for Developing Electric Vehicle Control Systems, Vehicle System Dynamics, , Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 433-447, March 2011.
- J. Cao, C. Ma, H. Xie, Z. Jiang (2010), Nonlinear Dynamics of Dufﬁng System with Fractional Order Damping, ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 5, October 2010.
- C. Ma, Y. Hori (2007), Fractional-Order Control: Theory and Applications in Motion Control, IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 6-16, Winter 2007.
- C. Ma, Y. Hori (2004), The Time-Scaled Trapezoidal Rule for Discrete Fractional Order Controllers, Non-linear Dynamics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Vol. 38, pp. 171-180, 2004
- C. Ma, X. Zhu, *M. Fu (2011), Wireless Charging of Electric Vehicles: A Review and Experiments, ASME 2011 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Aug. 28–Aug. 31, 2011, Washington D. C., USA.
- C. Ma, Y. Hori (2004), Time-domain Evaluation of Fractional Order Controllers’ Direct Discretization Methods, IEEJ Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 124, No. 8, pp. 837-842, 2004 (IEEJ: The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan).
- C. Ma, Y. Hori (2004), Backlash Vibration Suppression Control of Torsional System by Novel Fractional Order PIDk Controller, IEEJ Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 124, No. 3, pp. 312-317, 2004.
- C. Ma, Y. Hori (2004), The Application of Fractional Order Control to Backlash Vibration Suppression, American Control Conference, June 30–July 2, 2004, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- C. Ma, Y. Fujii and K. Yamaji (2002), China’s electric power sector’s options considering its environmental impacts, Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer-Verlag Publisher, Vol. 5, No.4, pp. 319-340, 2002.
- Co-editor, Special Section on “Information and Control in e-Transportation”, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- Committee Member, Energy Storage Devices and Systems Committee, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society
- Keynote Speaker, Wireless Power World Summit 2012, Sep. 12-13th, 2012, Shanghai, China.
- Keynote Speaker, The 1st and 2nd China International New Energy Vehicles Forum, 2012-2013, Shanghai, China.
- Symposium Chair to Mechatronic Control & Electrical Vehicular Systems, ASME/IEEE International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications, 2009-2013
- Expert Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics, ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, etc.
Collaborators (past 48 months) & Co-editors (past 24 months)
- Mian Li (JI), Xinen Zhu (JI), Fan Yu (SJTU), Junyi Cao(Xi’An Jiao Tong Univ.),Yangquan Chen (Utah State Univ.), Mo-yuen Chow (North Carolina State Univ.)
Graduate and Postdoctoral Advisors
- Minfan Fu, Yue Qiao, Li Zhou, Lu Liu, Chen Zhao, He Yin, Tong Zhang, Yang Xu
Thesis Advisors and Postgraduate Scholar Sponsor
- Chair or Co-Chair of Thesis Committee: Ve450/Vm450 capstone courses
- Member of Thesis Committee: Yue Qiao, Minfan Fu, Jiapin Guo
- Total number of graduate students supervised: 8
- VE216: Signals and Systems
- VE311: Electronic Circuits
- VE460: Control Systems Analysis and Design/VM 461: Automatic Control Modeling, Analysis and Control of Dynamic Systems
- VM552: Mechatronic Systems Design
- VM450/ VE 450: Capstone Design Project