|Ph.D.||Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Louisville (2009)|
|M.S.||Department of Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University (2003)|
|B.S.||Department of Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University (2000)|
|2014 – pres.||Associate Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China|
|2012 – 2014||Associate Research Scholar, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA|
|2009 – 2012||Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA|
|2009 – 2009||Visiting Scholar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA|
Honors and Awards
- Dean Citation, University of Louisville, 2009
- Who’s Who among Students in American Universities & Colleges, 2008
- Hsing Chuang Award for Excellence in Graduate Study, University of Louisville, 2007
- Grosscurth Fellowship, University of Louisville, 2003-2005
- Physical properties of polymeric glasses
- Dynamics of nanoscopically confined polymers
- Structural and responsive materials
- Guo, Y., Zhang, C., and Priestley, R.D. “Polymer thin film instability from a patterned edge,” Applied Physics Letters, 2014, 105, 041603.
- Zhang, C., Guo, Y., Shepard, K.B., and Priestley, R.D. “Fragility of an Isochorically Confined Polymer Glass,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 2013, 4, 431-436.
- Guo, Y., Morozov, A., Schneider, D., Chung, J.W., Zhang, C., Waldmann, M., Yao, N., Fytas, G., Arnold, C.B. and Priestley, R.D. “Ultrastable Nanostructured Polymer Glasses,” Nature Materials, 2012, 11, 337-343.
- Chung, J.W., Guo, Y., Kwak, S.Y. and Priestley, R.D. “Understanding and Controlling Gold Nanoparticle Formation from A Robust Self-assembled Cyclodextrin Solid Template,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2012, 22, 6017-6026.
- Guo, Y., Zhang, C., Lai, C., Priestley, R.D., D’Acunzi, M. and Fytas, G. “Structural Relaxation of Polymer Nanospheres under Soft and Hard Confinement: Isobaric versus Isochoric Conditions,” ACS Nano, 2011, 5, 5365-5373.
- Zhang, C., Guo, Y. and Priestley, R.D. “Glass Transition Temperature of Polymer Nanoparticles under Soft and Hard Confinement,” Macromolecules, 2011, 44, 4001-4006.
- Chung, J.W., Guo, Y., Priestley, R.D. and Kwak, S.Y. “Colloidal Gold Nanoparticle Formation Derived From Self-assembled Supramolecular Structure of Cyclodextrin/Au Salt Complex,” Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 1766-1772.
- Guo, Y. and Bradshaw, R.D. “Long Term Creep of Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) subjected to Complex Thermal Histories: the Effects of Physical Aging,” Polymer, 2009, 50, 4048-4055.
- Guo, Y., Wang, N., Bradshaw, R.D., and Brinson, L.C. “Modeling Mechanical Aging Shift Factors in Glassy Polymers during Nonisothermal Physical Aging: Part 1. Experiments and KAHR-ate Model Prediction,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B: Polymer Physics, 2009, 47, 340-352.
- Guo, Y. and Bradshaw, R.D. “Isothermal Physical Aging Characterization of Polyether-ether-ketone (PEEK) and Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) Films by Creep and Stress Relaxation,” Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, 2007, 11, 61-89.
- Session Chair of Polymer Thin Films and Interfaces II, 2013 AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Session Chair of Polymeric Glasses, APS March Meeting 2013, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Session Chair of Nano Composites, 2011 the 19th International Conference of Composites and Nano Engineering, Shanghai, China.
- Session co-chair of Nonlinear and Thermo-mechanical Modeling, 2009 SEM Annual Conference & Exposition on Experimental and Applied Mechanics, Albuquerque, NM, USA.
- Members of American Physical Society (APS), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Society for Experimental Mechanics (SEM), American Association for Advanced Sciences (AAAS), and Sigma Xi
Courses taught during the past 5 years
Princeton University: CBE550 Physical Properties of Glassy Polymers, Spring 2013
Princeton University: Christine Lai (2010) and Lindsey B. Brown (2012)