|Ph.D.||Artificial Intelligence, Pierre and Marie Curie University (UPMC), Paris (2006)|
|M.Sc.||Artificial Intelligence, Pierre and Marie Curie University (UPMC), Paris (2003)|
|M.Sc.||Statistics, French School of Statistics and Information Analysis (ENSAI), Bruz (2000)|
|B.Sc.||Computer Science, University of Rennes I, Rennes (1998)|
|2018 – pres.||Assistant Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2015 – 2017.||Assistant Professor, CMU-SYSU Joint Institute of Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University|
|2015||Visiting Faculty, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Carnegie Mellon University|
|2008 – 2014||Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Pierre and Marie Curie University|
|2006 – 2007||Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Pierre and Marie Curie University|
|2000 – 2002||Junior Quantitative Analyst, SG Securities, Société Générale|
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, Multidisciplinary International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence (2016)
- Best Paper Award, Multidisciplinary International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence (2013)
- M. Hadi Amini, Paul McNamara, Paul Weng, Orkun Karabasoglu, Yinliang Xu, “Hierarchical Electric Vehicle Charging Aggregator Strategy Using Dantzig-Wolfe Decomposition,” IEEE Design & Test, DOI: 10.1109/MDAT.2017.2759505 (October 2017).
- Róbert Busa-Fekete, Balázs Szörenyi, Paul Weng, Shie Mannor, “Multi-objective Bandits: Optimizing the Generalized Gini Index”, International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2017.
- Hugo Gilbert, Paul Weng, Yan Xu, “Optimizing Quantiles in Preference-based Markov Decision Processes,” AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2017.
- Viet Hung Nguyen, Paul Weng, “An Efficient Primal-Dual Algorithm for Fair Combinatorial Optimization Problems”, International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (COCOA), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2017.
- Hugo Gilbert, Olivier Spanjaard, Paolo Viappiani, Paul Weng, “Solving MDPs with Skew Symmetric Bilinear Utility Functions,” International Joint Conference in Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2015.
- Emmanuel Hadoux, Aurélie Beynier, Nicolas Maudet, Paul Weng, Anthony Hunter, “Optimization of probabilistic argumentation with Markov Decision Models,” International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2015.
- Balázs Szörenyi, Róbert Busa-Fekete, Paul Weng, Eyke Hüllermeier, “Qualitative Multi-Armed Bandits: A Quantile-Based Approach,” International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2015.
- Róbert Busa-Fekete, Balázs Szörenyi, Paul Weng, Weiwei Cheng, Eyke Hüllermeier, “Preference-based Reinforcement Learning: Evolutionary Direct Policy Search using a Preference-based Racing Algorithm,” Machine Learning, DOI: 10.1007/s10994-014-5458-8 (December 2014).
- Róbert Busa-Fekete, Balázs Szörenyi, Paul Weng, Weiwei Cheng, Eyke Hüllermeier, “Top-k Selection based on Adaptive Sampling of Noisy Preferences,” International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2013.
- Wlodzimierz Ogryczak, Patrice Perny, Paul Weng, “A Compromise Programming Approach to Multiobjective Markov Decision Processes,” International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making, DOI 10.1142/S0219622013400075 (September 2013).
- Editor of AI Resources
- Chair of the demonstration track at IJCAI-ECAI 2018
- Co-chair of Asian Workshop on Reinforcement Learning 2016-2017
- Co-chair of Multidisciplinary Workshop on Advances in Preference Handling 2014-2015
- Program co-chair of Multidisciplinary International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence 2014
Courses Taught (Recent 5 Years)
- CMU-SYSU Joint Institute: 18-660 Numerical Methods for Engineering Design and Optimization (with Prof. Xin Li)
- Pierre and Marie Curie University: DJ Decision and games; IREC Pattern recognition and introduction to decision; MAPSI Probabilistic and statistical models and algorithms for computer science; AN Numerical Analysis; LI 317 General algorithmics ; LI214 Discrete Structure; 1i002 Introduction to programming in C