|Ph.D.||History, Stony Brook University|
|M.A.||History, Wuhan University|
|B.A.||History, Central China Normal University|
2017 - pres. Associate Teaching Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute
2012 – 2016 Associate Professor of Asian History, The College of Saint Rose
2006 – 2012 Assistant Professor of Asian History, The College of Saint Rose
1994 – 1998 Editor, China Youth Daily
- “The Making of Stars: Huapu and the Emerging Entertainment Industry in the Eighteenth Century,” paper presented at the 123rd Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association in NYC, January 2-5, 2009
- “From Household Troupe to Professional Troupe: Commercialization of Entertainment in Ming-Qing China,” paper presented at New England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies 2004 annual meeting at Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, November 5-6, 2004.
- “Staging History: Zhao Dai Xiao Shao and Qing Self-Perception,” paper presented at the New York Conference on Asian Studies at University of Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, October 17-18, 2003.
- “Defining Zhongguo in Qing Miscellanies,” paper presented at New England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies 2002 annual meeting at Colby College, Waterville Maine, October 26-27, 2002
- “ 明清社会的信息沟通方式、阶级与意识” (translated from “Communication, Class, and Consciousness in Late Imperial China,” in Johnson, Nathan, and Rawski, eds., Popular Culture in Late Imperial China), in 《当代西方汉学研究集萃》， 上海古籍出版社，2012， pp.277-321.
Courses Taught (Recent 5 Years)
- UM-SJTU JI: VR203 Food in Modern East Asian History; VR206: China in the Early Modern World
- The College of Saint Rose: HIS498 The Rise of Consumerism in the Early Modern World; HIS340 Late Imperial China; HIS340 Modern China; HIS237 East Asian Civilization to 1800; HIS239 East Asian Civilization since 1800