|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio, USA (2016)|
|B.E.||Electrical Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China (2011)|
|2018 – pres.||Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2016 – 2018||Postdoctoral Scholar, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University|
Honors and Awards
- Shanghai Yang Fan Talent Program, Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (2019)
- Ruth Barber Moon Award, Case Western Reserve University (2015)
- Emerging nonvolatile memories such as resistive random-access memory (RRAM), as well as monolithic 3D integration for energy-efficient computing
- Resonant nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) for sensing and RF signal processing
- Flexible electronic devices based on 2D materials
- Single crystal metallic materials on amorphous insulating substrates
- R. Yang, H. Li, K. K. H. Smithe, T. R. Kim, K. Okabe, E. Pop, J. A. Fan, H.-S. P. Wong, “Ternary Content-Addressable Memory with MoS2 Transistors for Massively Parallel Data Search”, Nature Electronics 2, 108-114 (2019).
- J. Lee†, Z. Wang†, K. He, R. Yang, J. Shan, P. X.-L. Feng, “Electrically Tunable Single- and Few-Layer MoS2 Nanoelectromechanical Systems with Broad Dynamic Range”, Science Advances 4: eaao6653 (2018).
- K. Zhang†, X. B. Pitner†, R. Yang, W. D. Nix, J. D. Plummer, J. A. Fan, “Single Crystal Metal Growth on Amorphous Insulating Substrates”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 115, 685-689 (2018).
- R. Yang, J. Lee, S. Ghosh, H. Tang, R. M. Sankaran, C. A. Zorman, P. X.-L. Feng, “Tuning Optical Signatures of Single-and Few-Layer MoS2 by Blown-Bubble Bulge Straining up to Fracture”, Nano Letters 17, 4568-4575 (2017).
- R. Yang, H. Li, K. K. H. Smithe, T. R. Kim, K. Okabe, E. Pop, J. A. Fan, H.-S. P. Wong, “2D Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2) Transistors Driving RRAMs with 1T1R Configuration”, Int. Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), 477-480, San Francisco, Dec. 2-6 (2017). Featured by IEEE Spectrum
- R. Yang, C. Chen, J. Lee, D. A. Czaplewski, P. X.-L. Feng, “Local-Gate Electrical Actuation, Detection, and Tuning of Atomic-Layer MoS2 Nanoelectromechanical Resonators”, in 30th IEEE Int. Conf. on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS 2017), 163-166, Las Vegas, Jan. 22-26 (2017) (+talk, selection rate 10%).
- Z. Wang, H. Jia, X. Zheng, R. Yang, G. J. Ye, X. H. Chen, P. X.-L. Feng, “Resolving and Tuning Mechanical Anisotropy in Black Phosphorus via Nanomechanical Multimode Resonance Spectromicroscopy”, Nano Letters 16, 5394-5400 (2016).
- H. Jia, R. Yang, A. E. Nguyen, S. N. Alvillar, T. Empante, L. Bartels, P. X.-L. Feng, “Large-Scale Arrays of Single- and Few-Layer MoS2 Nanomechanical Resonators”, Nanoscale 8, 10677-10685 (2016).
- R. Yang, A. Islam, P. X.-L. Feng, “Electromechanical Coupling and Design Considerations in Single-Layer MoS2 Suspended-Channel Transistors and Resonators”, Nanoscale 7, 19921-19929 (2015).
- R. Yang, T. He, M. A. Tupta, C. Marcoux, P. Andreucci, L. Duraffourg, P. X.-L. Feng, “Probing Contact-Mode Characteristics of Silicon Nanowire Electromechanical Systems with Embedded Piezoresistive Transducers”, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 25, 095014 (2015). Featured as Cover Article
- R. Yang, C. A. Zorman, P. X.-L. Feng, “High Frequency Torsional-Mode Nanomechanical Resonators Enabled by Very Thin Nanocrystalline Diamond Diaphragms”, Diamond and Related Materials 54, 19-25 (2015).
- R. Yang, Z. Wang, P. X.-L. Feng, “Electrical Breakdown of Multilayer MoS2 Field-Effect Transistors with Thickness-Dependent Mobility”, Nanoscale 6, 12383-12390 (2014).
- R. Yang†, X. Zheng†, Z. Wang, P. X.-L. Feng, “Multilayer MoS2 Transistors Enabled by a Facile Dry-Transfer Technique and Thermal Annealing”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B 32, 061203 (2014). †Equal Contribution. Featured as Cover Article, Editor’s Pick and Most Read Article
- R. Yang, Z. Wang, J. Lee, K. Ladhane, D. J. Young, P. X.-L. Feng, “6H-SiC Microdisk Torsional Resonators in a “Smart-cut” Technology”, Applied Physics Letters 104, 091906 (2014).
- Reviews Editor of Journal: Nanotechnology, starting December 2018
- Associate Editor of Journal: Micro & Nano Letters, September 2018-June 2021
- Invited reviewer for IEEE conferences: IEEE Sensors (2017 and 2018), IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE NANO 2017)
- Invited reviewer for Journals: Nature Nanotechnology, Nanotechnology, Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems (JMEMS), Transactions on Electron Devices (TED), MRS Advances.