The University of Adelaide in South Australia has a long history as a champion of women’s education and indigenous education. It is ranked 113 worldwide in the QS rankings of top universities.
The program consists of four weeks in Australia, with three weeks’ study at the University of Adelaide, and a one-week “free time” period giving participants the opportunity to explore Australia according to their personal schedules.
Study Year: Sophomore, Junior or Senior
English Requirement: TOEFL 79 (writing 21, speaking 18, reading and listening 13)
4 weeks from January to February
The following course is offered:
MECH ENG 4115 Engineering Acoustics
- 4 FTE 400-level credits
The fundamentals of sound wave description and propagation, noise control techniques, the hearing mechanism, acoustic instrumentation, noise criteria, psychoacoustics, sound source types and radiated sound fields, outdoor sound propagation, sound power measurement techniques, sound in enclosed spaces, sound transmission loss, acoustic enclosures, acoustic barriers, pipe lagging, and experience in the use of software for noise control predictions.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the principles of acoustics.
- ￼Be able to assess complex occupational and environmental noise problems using acceptable assessment criteria.
- Understand the importance of protecting the community from excessive noise and how it damages the hearing mechanism.
- Be able to use instrumentation for noise measurement and understand the type of measurements appropriate for various situations.
- Understand noise source types and of how sound propagates outdoors.
- Understand sound fields in rooms and how they may be controlled.
- Be able to design noise control fixtures and develop strategies to reduce occupational and environmental noise to acceptable levels.
- Have a deep understanding of the responsibility of engineers to the community in terms of providing a safe healthy environment.
- Understand the need to undertake lifelong learning
Around RMB 31,000.00, subject to change.
The winter program in Australia is really awesome. You can experience a natural environment that is very different and extremely beautiful. The teaching quality in the University of Adelaide is also quite excellent, and I had a very good time studying there. Hope that one day I could go back!
Jinglei Xie2017 ECE student
Enjoying the breeze, breathing the fresh air, walking on the shining beach, I can’t imagine the life in January before I come to Australia. Rather than the beautiful landscape and lovely animals, I experience the local’s hospitality and multiculturalism. People help us patiently when we are in trouble; Host family prepares unique journey for me to know the music, geography and life there; Students communicate freely and share their experience with me. People with different skins, different accents, different culture backgrounds live together and enjoy their life harmonically in Australia, which is an ideal country for the people from the world. I love Australia.
Yuan Yao2014 ECE student
The days in Australia could be one of the best ones in my life. The way Australians treat nature is a model for the whole world. Those botanic gardens are in the very center of the biggest cities; thousands of trees along every single high way are more than a few hundred years old; The Twelve Apostles was the most magnificent spectacle from god; The Great Barrier reef might be last place left for the fragile reefs. I still miss the salty breeze and warm sunshine on the beaches of Adelaide, and the kangaroos eating from my hands.