Applying to the JI
Thanks for choosing the University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute, please CLICK HERE to apply .
Please CLICK HERE to download the 2016 international brochure.
More information, please call +86-21-3420-6046 ext. 3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a domestic student from Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macau of China, you should first take the College Entrance Examination for these regions. Please refer to the website http://www.gatzs.com.cn/gatpz/index.do
If you are a domestic student from mainland China, Please refer to the website http://umji.sjtu.edu.cn/cn/prospective-students/domestic-admission/undergraduate/
Important Application Steps
- You must apply via The Common Application and submit the University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute Questionnaire. All students are not eligible for application fee waivers.
- All undergraduate first-year applicants please submit test results of either SAT or ACT with writing.
- Submit the School Report and one Teacher Evaluation. Please submit the English version.
- Submit your high school transcript. An official English translation is required to accompany the transcript if the transcript is not issued in English by the school. (Students who have already completed high schools, including university transfer applicants, should be sure to have final high school transcript submitted showing the graduation date. Also provide a detailed explanation of any educational gaps.)
- If you are a speaker of English as a second language, you will need to submit your TOEFL, or IELTS scores.
- University of Michigan – Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute Scholarships are generally available after fall registration.
Regular Decision —April 15
Early Action—November 15