|Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina, USA (2014)|
|B.S.||Engineering Mechanics, Wuhan University (2010)|
|2016 – pres.||Assistant Professor, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|2014 – 2015||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Univ. of Michigan|
- Structural health monitoring (SHM) and self-sensing smart structures
- Advanced computational mechanics for waves and vibrations
- Guided waves and nonlinear ultrasonics
- Multifunctional active materials and novel actuation/sensing device
- SPARC Graduate Fellowship, Office of the USC Vice President for Research (2013)
- Outstanding Thesis Award, Hubei Province (2010)
- Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2016) “Combined analytical FEM approach for efficient simulation of Lamb wave damage detection”, Ultrasonics, Vol. 69, pp. 116-128
- Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2015) “Effective Non-reflective Boundary for Lamb Waves: Theory, Finite Element Implementation, and Applications”, Wave Motion, Vol. 58, pp. 22-41
- Shen, Y.; Zhang, H.; Cesnik, C.E.S. (2015) “CLoVER Transducers for Static and Dynamic Strain Sensing”, 10th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, September 1-3 2015, Stanford, CA.
- Shen, Y.; Cesnik, C.E.S. (2015) “Hybrid Local FEM/Global LISA Modeling of Guided Wave Propagation and Interaction with Damage in Composite Structures”, 2015 SPIE Smart Structures and NDE, March 8-12 2015, San Diego, CA.
- Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2014) “WaveFormRevealer – An Analytical Framework and Predictive Tool for the Simulation of Multimodal Guided Wave Propagation and Interaction with Damage”, Structural Health Monitoring – An International Journal, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 491-511
- Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2014) “Predictive Modeling of Nonlinear Wave Propagation for Structural Health Monitoring with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors”, Journal of Intelligent Materials and Smart Structures, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 506-520
- Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2014) “Excitability of Guided Waves in Composites with PWAS Transducers”, Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, July 20-25 2014, Boise, Idaho.
- Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2014) “WFR-2D: An Analytical Model for PWAS-Generated 2-D Ultrasonic Guided Wave Propagation”, 2014 SPIE Smart Structures and NDE, March 9-13 2014, San Diego, CA.
- Shen, Y.; Bao, J.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2013) “Health Monitoring of Aerospace Bolted Lap Joints Using Nonlinear Ultrasonic Spectroscopy: Theory and Experiments”, 9th International Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring, Sept. 10th – 12th, 2013, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
- Gresil, M.; Yu, L.; Shen, Y.; Giurgiutiu, V. (2013) “Predictive Model of Fatigue Crack Detection in Thick Bridge Steel Structures with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors”, Smart Structures and Systems, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 001-635
- Technical Committee Member: Nondestructive Structural Monitoring and Diagnosis (NSMD) Technical Committee (TC), NDE Engineering Division (NDEED), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Invited Journal Reviewer: Smart Materials and Structures, Structural Health Monitoring – An International Journal, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Smart Structures and Systems – An International Journal, Sensors, Wave Motion, Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring, Construction and Building Materials
- Judge for 2015 ASME SMASIS Student Best Hardware Paper Competition and 2015 ASME SMASIS Best Student Paper Competition
- Conference Session Chair: SPIE Smart Structures NDE 2015